Gratiot County Administers Planning & Zoning for LafayetteTownship
To view parcels:
- Go to the GIS map viewer.
- Accept the mapping disclaimer.
- Use your mouse to enlarge the Lafayette Township area until you see the parcel data appear.
- Click on the parcel of interest to learn address, ownership and assessed value.
- Gratiot County Address Application
- Gratiot County Obtain Permit website page
- Gratiot County Permits Fee Schedule
- Gratiot County Building Permit Application
- Gratiot County Planning Application for Special Land Use or Rezoning
- Gratiot County Zoning Ordinances
- Gratiot County Zoning Permit Application
- Gratiot County Planning & Zoning website page
Gratiot County Planning Commission
The Gratiot County Planning Commission consists of five (5) members appointed by the Board of Commissioners, each serving a three year term.
The Planning Commission is, in general, responsible for:
- Recommending text amendments of the Zoning Ordinance to the Board of Commissioners
- Recommending amendments of Zoning Districts to the Board of Commissioners
- Approving or denying applications for special land use permits
- Reviewing PA 116 applications before submission to the Board of Commissioners
- Various other functions as required under State statute
For information on the requirements for obtaining building permits click on the Gratiot County Obtain Permit website page icon above.
Gratiot County Zoning Board of Appeals
The Zoning Board of Appeals is an independent body charged with handling all questions that arise in the administration of the Zoning Ordinance.
To visit the Gratiot County website's Planning and Zoning website page, click on the blue icon above.